Tuesday, October 31, 2006

 

First time nerves

Tuesday, June 3, 1975

The big day arrived I felt as nervous as a schoolgirl on her first day. Ridiculous, I know, but I wanted to be sure that they liked me rather than sure I could actually do the job expected of me.

I don’t think I need to worry on either score. The actual work itself is very straight-forward and not at all taxing – just the right sort of job in fact.

Also, I didn’t actually get to fulfil one of my job requirements – making the tea and coffee – because I always seemed to have an attentive man around asking if I needed anything. I’m sure the novelty will wear off for them in that respect, but the early indications are that they were all very pleased to see me.

I dressed a little more discreetly than I really wanted. I didn’t want to go in with all guns blazing on my first day. But I think by the time my second week gets under-way, I’ll be revealing a little more of myself to the “boys” in the office.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?