Friday, October 27, 2006

 

One door closes...another one opens

Saturday, May 23, 1975

My seduction of my own husband didn't go to plan again. I must be doomed to fail.

But thanks to him getting completely the wrong end of the stick about my attempts to get him into bed, he's come up with an interesting idea.

He took my amorous attentions as an indication of how bored I felt. So he didn't suggest taking me upstairs for a damn good seeing to, instead he suggested I took a part-time job.

Apparently there is a vacancy for a part-time receptionist at one of the little sales offices his company has in town. I won't be working with him as he's obviously based at head office. I spend three days a week, from 10am to 3pm, answering phones, filing sales invoices and making cups of tea for the sales manager and team of salesmen based at the showroom.

I start in a week. Why am I so excited?

I know just what these salesmen are like and the new, naughty Patricia will love being centre of attention.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?